You’ve heard it from me once and you’ll hear it again: I am not a cook. I am, however, really good at discovering ridiculously simple “recipes” that yield really tasty results. Like this simple yet sinful treat which is perfect for parties, game day or even a little holiday that’s looming on the horizon. They taste amazing and they look really cute and colorful when served up on a platter.
All you need is some pretzels, Hershey’s kisses and a big bag of M&Ms. Oh, a working oven would be good too.
Here’s how to do it:
- Pre heat the oven to 300 degrees
- Arrange the pretzels on a baking sheet
- Add one Hershey’s Kiss on top of each pretzel. Do your best to center these on the pretzel for maximum cuteness.
- Stick the baking sheet in the oven for two minutes (yes, really. Just two.)
- Remove the sheet from the oven – the chocolate won’t look totally melted, but you don’t want to leave them in the oven for too long as they’ll be messier to work with if the chocolate melts too much.
- Add one M&M to the top of each pretzel, pushing it down so the Hershey’s Kiss spreads. Again, do your best to center to M&M.
- Stick the whole thing in the fridge for half an hour, remove and enjoy!
If you’re serving these for a Halloween party you may want to separate the orange and brown M&Ms and use only those, depending on how many you can get your hands on – you can arrange the rest of the candies in a big bowl. Also, don’t fret if these don’t look as neat as you’d like them to. When you solidify them in the fridge they come out looking much better. I also suggest going with the square-shaped pretzels, as they seem to hold the melted chocolate on top better. Last tip? When you’re adding M&Ms, make sure you choose to either face the ‘m’ up or down and stick to this throughout – consistency is key!
What are some of your favorite easy Halloween recipes?